Thursday, May 09, 2013

Knitted Monsters for a nursery

A non-knitting friend asked me could I please make the above for her baby son's monster themed nursery. I had previously knit them a monster hat and booties and these were so cute, that I was more than happy to help out.

It has been a labour of love, because since J has got bigger, knitted toys have not been on my list of things to knit, and TBH I have never really enjoyed the process. Toys are fiddly, time consuming and often quite dull (IMHO) to knit. But I have loved the look of Rebecca Danger's Knitted Monsters since I first saw them and had no excuse to make them - now I had one so I manned up and knit the lovely acrylic  - it still squeaks and sets my teeth on edge - and today the last one left the needles.

The two dumpy ones are book ends. The centre one is a cuddly. The red one is Snooter, the centre one is Vinny the V-man and the one left is Tegs.

I love the colours and I love the idea of a monster themed nursery. I hope they will do their job and be well loved as her son grows up.






No comments: