Thursday, February 21, 2013

Reading 2013

Very slow at the moment with so much going on but have a couple to go one the blog.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen.
Format - Audio book

I have listened to this book before and decided to revisit it to celebrate the bicentenary of P & P. I think Jane would have approved. I do love the addition of zombies to this book. It works for me and so does the addition of some of the wry humour and bad puns.

The London Blitz Murders - Agatha Christie vs the Blackout Ripper by Max Allan Collins
Format - Kindle

Not my normal read but I did quite enjoy my toe dip into this genre. It was fast paced and well written and I whizzed through it. As is usual with this style of book I had worked out who the culprit was long before the end but it didn't actually ruin my enjoyment of the story. I'd read another by this author quite happily.

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Format - Audio book

Another favourite that I return to time and time again - I can't resist Henry Crawford! I've been listening to this at work and it has been a total pleasure.

Sinatra The Life by Anthony Summers & Robbyn Swan
Format - Book

This has been a long slow read mainly because I found parts of it very tedious and bordering on dull. I love Frankie boy and have read other books about his life but this one, whilst very informative and full of detail, just didn't do it for me. Must be the author's style because I read a book about Monroe by him (another modern historical person who fascinates me) and found that really dull too. Oh well I suppose they can't please everyone.

No comments: