Tuesday, January 01, 2013

To thine own self be true.

Dee over at the blog at her shop - Posh Yarn has a word for the year - hers is a very good word, it is 'intrepid'. I can really understand that.

I can't think of a word and I don't do resolutions (see yesterdays post) but I decided to have a phrase or a mantra for the 2013 and the favourite one is "To thine own self be true". I like this.

I quite often walk away and swallow my principles for peace or for the sake of a quiet life, and I am not looking for a fight or aggro, but I am rather fed with being the bigger person (metaphorically), and when others pride themselves on 'speaking as they find' etc, without a thought for how this impacts on others, I normally turn the other cheek. I don't with those I truly care about - like M and J - but I do with other lesser beings.

I think it is time to stop doing that now. To put what I truly think and feel out there. So I have a mantra for 2013 - I shall be true to  the real me and I shall no longer back down, turn the cheek or play the peace maker.

It feels very liberating.

No comments: