Thursday, October 04, 2012

Books 90-94

'Memoirs of Sherlock Homles' and 'Hound of the Baskervilles' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Format - Audio Book and Book

Two of my favourites - 'Memoirs' is a collection of short stories which I love and have read so many times it was quite nice to listen to them for a change. And as for 'Hound of the Baskervilles' it is a long time favourite, even more so having stayed right below Hound Tor on Dartmoor where legend has it the idea of the hound came from. I love Dartmoor and the first time I read this book was when we were staying there so I recalled many good holiday memories as I re-read this book.

The next three books are in one vol but are classed as three separate novels. They are;

'Village School','Village Diary' and 'Storm in the Village' by Miss Read (Chronicles of Fairacre)
Format - Book

I discovered Miss Read's books when J was a toddler and I wanted something light but safe. I had heard of the author but not read any of her works so took the plunge and this edition of three novels was  the first book of hers I bought. I loved them. I then purchased loads of the 'Thrush Green' series (which if I'm honest I prefer) but I decided it was time to revisit these for bedtime light reading. They still delight me with their charm and ease of reading. I re-read the 'Thrush Green' books many, many times  but this is the first time (I think) that I have reread these - they did not disappoint.

Ten books to go until I have read double the 52 in the year - I have until midnight on 31st December.....wonder if I can do it?

No comments: