Tuesday, April 03, 2012

What is the best poem to read......

when you are sad?

Well that will depend on the sadness itself and how you feel about it. Is it a sadness that needs solace or comfort? Do you need to read words that show others have felt this and understand exactly what you are feeling? Is it the kind of sadness you want to wallow in and to indulge that sense of melancholy? Or is the sadness that needs laughter to lift you out of it?

I have to say that I rarely read poetry when I am sad I am much more likely to turn to music to soothe or uplift.

I asked the boys what they thought and they both said they would read Spike Milligan to cheer themselves up so I went with that as I have no answer myself;

On The Ning Nang Nong

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go bong!
And the Monkeys all say Boo!
There's a Nong Nang Ning
Where the trees go Ping!
And the tea pots Jibber Jabber-Joo.
On the Nong Ning Nang
All the mice go Clang!
And you just can't catch 'em when they do!
So it's Ning Nang Nong!
Cows go Bong!
Nong Nang Ning!
Trees go Ping!
Nong Ning Nang!
The mice go Clang!
What a noisy place to belong,
Is the Ning Nang Ning Nang Nong!!

No comments: