Monday, September 19, 2011

Salmon Run Socks

 Pattern is Masonic Lodge Socks by erqsome knits. I think it is meant to be a 'guys' pattern but I like the pattern against a feminine colour.
Knitted in a Wibbo's Works sock yarn called Salmon Run. This was a gift from the amazing Wibbo herself almost 3 years ago and it's taken me all this time to find a pattern I liked for it. And although I like the pattern (it is very well written and is free on Ravelry) I did get severe 2nd sock syndrome so am very relieved to get them off the needles!
Love the simple cables with two differing size gaps. I've made them a generous UK 5 - knit on 2.5mm circs. they will make ideal walking socks.

Photos - don't do justice due to shitty light but I wanted to photograph them before washing and blocking/

No comments: