Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Perfection.

Why do some people strive so hard for perfection? Why does their life, home, partner, kids, world have to be perceived to be perfect? Why is it so hard to find happiness in the less than perfect?

I am always amazed by people who try and change the person they are with - you chose that person for who they were surely, not just so you could mould them into your on view of the ideal. There truly is a lot to be said for accepting things and people for who and what they are.

I not saying change is bad - some change is good and change is quite often necessary. What concerns me is when change is made, perfection for to strived to fill a hole in someones world - the mentality of 'if I acheive, change, get this - then everything will be better and it will cure this need' - thing is, it does quite often but only for a  little while and the little whiles get shorter and  shorter and eventually nothing will fill this void and the world for that person starts to crumble away and collapse.

It makes me sad.

I don't want for anything really. I don't need anything more than I have right at this moment - there are things I would like, I covet, but they aint going to change my life or my world in the long term.

I wish there was a way to show people who get caught up in this that they are doing nothing to solve their problems, just going in ever decreasing circles until eventually they disappear up their own arses. There is no 100% solve-all-quick-solution. What is needed is to learn to look at what you have, look at what you need to change about how you see things and learn to live with who you are and what you have? Easy to say, harder to do.

I am  thankful for all I have. Everyday I try and think of 5 things that have been good or have made me happy, some day I am shit at it, other days I could fill pages - but I do learn from taking stock of my own little world.

p.s. Right now I wish the fookin spell checker on blogger was working as I can't spell for toffee!

No comments: