Sunday, April 03, 2011

Your knitting and crochet time.

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week.

Day seven: 3rd April. Your knitting and crochet time.

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

My 'crafting' time is dependent on what I feel like doing. If it is something complex then I will wait until I have peace and quiet (a fairly unusual occurrence around here) and sit undisturbed and concentrate. For this type of work, I either, sit, when the house is empty and next door are out, in the conservatory at the glass table, surrounded by dogs and kitties, listening and watching da birdies on the feeders or I hide away upstairs in my little corner of the bedroom with the door shut.

For everything else then it is happens wherever I happen to be - at home, travelling, waiting around for stuff and generally out and about. I do like a little outdoor knitting in good weather. Sewing and spinning tend to take place at home either in the craft/crap room or sitting at my desk upstairs. Embroidery and needlepoint tend to be in the conservatory - brilliant light and knitting and crochet - nothing better than my comfy leather recliner in the afternoon sun....though there is always the threat of a nap attack.

I don't 'craft' much in the evening as with a family and pets and life - I find it harder to settle and I like to read in the evenings. Afternoons are my favourite 'crafting' time and sometimes a little naughty 'crafting' (or it feels naughty to me as I should doing chores) on a weekend morning.

That's it. Managed to stick with it for a week - hurrah!

p.s The word 'crafting' makes me wanna puke.

No comments: