Friday, January 21, 2011

Just perfect for cold ears


 This is a great quick project from the archives of Knitty - the pattern is called Nakiska and it is basically a knitted cable headband and I knit this in a few hours yesterday evening. The cables aren't too challenging just enough to keep you occupied.

Quite often when we are out with the dogs I get way too hot with a hat but then end up with cold ears, especially if it's windy (and with my sinus issues this can lead to ear ache too) this little knit is perfect for those days.

I used a 3.75mm 12" circular needle (love the mix of  metric and imperial that inhabits my world of knitting) and the remains of a ball of Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn which is very soft being a blend of merino, cashmere and nylon. I can't recall the name of the colour but it is mix of black, brown and purple so will really go with most things.

The picture below is my previous one of these - made from Louisa Harding angora yarn - it has seen better days and it is all stretched out - I still wear it and love it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these headbands, keep your ears warm and my hair out of my eyes without flattening it too much! Love the new one!