Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Even when I'm ill.....

 I can get a little distracted by things.........hence the above obsession that I've been in throes of since Saturday.
The pattern is Swedish Fish by spillyjane (also on Ravelry). It is knit on 2mm dpns and I am using stash yarn. I've altered the top so my fingers aren't enclosed and the thumb likewise (the pattern is a traditional mitten shape). It is a brilliantly written pattern with a lovely clear chart. The thumb was a tad fiddly but apart from that it was an interesting knit that wasn't too taxing.

Mitt number two is cast on and ready to go - once the light improves - navy yarn + electric light = brain ache.

p.s Blame the yarn harlot for this one - I saw the link on her blog - saw the gnomes, the strawberries and the fishies and I was lost.....I have a feeling the gnomes might be next on my very long 'to do' list.

No comments: