Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A nice bit of post

A little while ago a friend in Canada asked me to knit her some socks....one of the many pairs of clown barf coloured ones. As we weren't sure how to deal with cost etc, I suggested and she happily agreed, that she send me some yarn instead. This really appealed as I have been trying (really hard) not to buy yarn this year, I have done all sorts of swaps for new yarn for my stash but buying has been kept to a minimum. Yesterday, my yarn arrived. It's gorgeous....Manos Del Uruguay Maxima in the colour way 'Fire'. It is a single ply aran weight pure merino. It has a wonderful softness with no prickle at all. The picture does not do it justice but the light is so weird at the moment it is hard to get a good shot, with or without flash.

I think it is destined, with the love bright colours and the softness, to become a cabled winter scarf.

No comments: