Monday, November 29, 2010

Last weeks F.O's


 First up my Serpentine Dragonfly socks- clever this. The pattern by Jocelyn Sertich (a free one on Ravelry) is designed to work with self striping yarn without distorting the stripe too much. The yarn, hand dyed (see a previous post) by Wibbo of Wibbo's Works was made to have a delicate stripe - the two together look lovely. The subtle colour changes work so well with the curve the pattern creates.
I used about 65g of yarn to make a UK 5 - pattern is worked over 60 sts - I used two 2.75mm circs. Did modify the heel a little by using a SSK as opposed to K2tog.
This is the Lacey Small Shell Cowl pattern by Teyani (again free on Rav). Knit with about 60g of my merino/silk hand spun. It is non itchy and slightly ploofy and I love it. I have enough (with what I need to finish spinning for either a hat or mittens).
Now this is a pattern I cannot praise highly enough - I am in love with it. These Cratchit Garter Mitts by Susan Newhall are a dream to knit. Knit side on in garter stitch with a short row thumb - all in one piece with a provisional cast on and a 3 needle cast off - wonderful construction and so simple. The pattern gives you a row-row guide which is well written and so easy to follow. The garter stitch allows them to hug your hand and they give a little support as well as warmth.
The yarn Cherry Tree Hill- Green Mountain Madness and I used about 30g if that. Knit on 2.75mm they took two days and they fit the whole family from J to Mike. I shall be making more!

No comments: