Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Continuation of clownbarf and other tales

Yesterday I finished my 3rd pair of 'clownbarf' colouway plain socks- this pair are going to be a little different at they are destined to become Canadian Clownbarf socks.

Not yet washed and blocked but very much off the needles....I've been dreaming in these colours. No more clownbarf for a while!

 I did get distracted from clownbarf last week and knitted up a mitten. I used the basic chart and recipe from Elizabeth Zimmerman's 'Knitter's Almanac' but without the top as I hate my fingers enclosed. I also didn't decrease for the hand as my hands though little in length are fairly broad. I now need to cast on for its mate and as I currently have NO socks on the needles it is possible that I'll start number 2 soon (unless.....). I used Jamieson's Spindrift two ply colours and details here. Shetland yarn still makes me itch as I knit it, I hope it softens after a wash.
 Above and below are to illustrate how the babies are coping with the less than clement weather!
It's brightening up now so maybe they will wake up soon for their morning walkies - but right at this minute they are just like their pictures.

1 comment:

Pam Hrycyk said...

They look wonderful! I love the wavy bits in them. Can't wait to get them on my feet :)