Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Dane Shawl

All blocked and finished in a week.


The pattern is a free one available on Ravelry and is by Jane Tanner (Knit Jane Knit). It is extremely well written with easy to follow charts and knits up quickly....even for me. Mistakes are easy to spot as the pattern has a nice logical flow to it.
I used 4mm Birch straights moving onto a 4mm circs when stitch numbers needed it. It took 1.5 50g balls of Rowan 4ply Soft which is a 100% Merino wool. The picture above is the truest to the colour.
Would make this again and probably again. I made the smaller one but it is easy to enlarge and she gives guide lines to this in her pattern notes.
I love it.


Blocking out last night.


2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty! The shawl is gorgeous!

pie said...

ooh lovely - great colour! think that one might have just moved up my queue :D