Friday, September 11, 2009

Milkweed Shawl


milkweed 002
Originally uploaded by loobles2002

Yes, more knitting, at last I finished something.

This is a Milkweek Shawl by Laura Chau (http://www.cosmicpluto.com)

Knit on 3.5mm Addi Turbo circ using Handmaiden Casbah.

I love it. I love the pattern. Thank you Wibbo for inspiring me with yours.

I used 3/4 of one skein in a purple, black and brown-ish colour interspersed 1/2 down with a contrast that has the same colours but also firey ember colurs too. I love these mixes together and it made sure I had enough yarn to cast off with!

(Wibbo's one - which is gorgeous- can be found here - http://wibbo.typepad.com/wibbos_words/ or on her Ravelry page).

5 comments:

Wibbo said...

Ooooh, nice! It is a lovely pattern to knit, especially with Casbah...

Anonymous said...

ooh lovely colours, lovely shawl!

Trillian42 said...

Ooh - great colors! I'm working on one now. It's the most addictive knit - I can't stop working on it!

Dani said...

That's beautiful!

Lou said...

Oh, that's beautiful! I really love the colours.