Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Goodies galore.

First up a giftie from Sue http://www.knittiotherapy.typepad.com/ a wonderful sock bag and stitch markers. Skully ones, purple skully ones! I do love me some skulls - what? You'd never have guessed?
Now this is yarn to die for. It is kid mohair from 'Yarns of Distinction' - www.nimuyarns.co.uk. 300g of soft pinky prettiness. It will become something light and lacy that will compliment its beauty. The inner 'girlie' me could NOT resist this, plus it matches my hair. The silky yarn at the top, which compliments it so beautifully, isn't labelled but the lovely lady at Nimu gave it to me - it is lovely too and so is she!

How could I arrange an event with all this delicious yarn and fibre and not succumb to the lure of one of Jo's amazingly colourful fibre plaits? 100g of merino rainbow -she's a colour whizz who knows how to tempt me. Her stuff can be drooled over at www.limegreenjelly.com - don't you just love that name! I'm going to save this to spin on a grey day when I'm in the dumps cos it will be like spinning happiness.


Now this is another pinky pretty moment. A giftie from the delightful and talented Wibbo from Wibbo's Works - 100g of wool/nylon sock yarn called 'Salmon Song'. The colours meld together so well I can't wait to see it knit up. Wibbo and her delightful black kitty, Flossie, can be found here - http://wibbo.typepad.com/



Last but by no means least - more pinky prettiness (I must have been on a well girly kick on Saturday). This wonderful, smooshy soft sock yarn is from the delicious Jon at Easyknits -
The pinky/brown is 'Choc Choc Cherry' and the other is 'Strawberry Shortcake' it is a bamboo/merino mix and the yarn actually has an amazing glowing lustre to that makes it highly pettable as well as tres jolie.
Am feeling more human again today. Have rediscovered my knitting and spinning mojo again (hurrah - it has been hiding from me for a while - t'was under the bed methinks). I even had another go at drop spindling yesterday (giving a talk on spinning in a couple of weeks, so thought I'd better crack it) it was, finally, more spindle than drop.
Right now I need to move me harris and get on with the chores etc.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Suri alpaca??? Is it lost?

Peri said...

No I'm saving it for a seperate yarn pr0n post.