Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I'll give you two socks."

"But they may not match."
"But the close-ups are pretty - even without a match!"
(sung to 'Green grow the rushes-O') :-D

'Oh yes there has been some knitting, there has been some knitting today' ......OMG brain caught in old songs - I just typed that to 'Yes we have no bananas' playing in my head. Make it stop - NOW!

Sorry - I'm OK now.

Above two 1/2 pairs of socks. M's lozenge socks in STR 'Storm' and No-Purl Monkey's in Colinette Jitterbug 'Fire'.

I've cast on before in Jitterbug and also ripped out what I've knit just because, really. This is my 1st completed sock in it - and..........it's ok-ish. But boy is it mean yarn - in yardage terms. If I knit Monkey socks in Lorna's Laces I can get 1.5 socks from a skein (more if it's a plain sock). When I finished this sock last night I weighed the remains of the ball - just to make sure I had enough yarn to make number 2 - the ball looked too small. One sock had used 46g - that's unheard for my size feet!!! The STR has a similar feel and weight as it knits and I got M's sock (UK size 8 - so 3 sizes bigger than me) out of 1 skein and still have 62g left for sock 2. It just doesn't make sense. If you've got big feet - then Jitterbug sure will work out expensive for socks!

I love the colours they make and I do have another skein in 'Mist' in my stash - but I have to say I won't be hurrying to buy more.

***spinning***

The last of the red/orange/pink merino silk from P&M bought at Lewes is spun and is 2/3 plied - wheeeeeeeeee - I got my mojo back!

No comments: