Saturday, March 10, 2007

Knitting occurs *gasp*

Adapted from the Hello Yarns - Pirate Mitten pattern. Pirate wrist warmers with separate half length thumb. I can't bear to have my fingers encased so this was the perfect solution. I used two pattern repeats, a couple of stripes and 3 rows of rib on the hand. The thumbs were just worked straight in the checkerboard pattern for about 9 rows. I used the same yarn as the hat.
Oooooo more sockies - again adapted from others patterns. The maroon one is from Grumperina's pattern in IK spring called Roza's socks. I used a different heel and reduced the length so my stumpy legs got a good fit. Knitted in Lorna's Laces.

The other sock is an adaption of the Edelweiss Socks by Candace Eisner Strick in the winter Vogue Knitting (int). Another lovely pattern, knits up a dream - I adjusted dimensions for chubby legs and again changed the heel slightly. Knitted in Regia Bamboo. Both the mates for these are almost completed but I thought I'd post anyway just to show knitting does occur ;=)

I've also completed a bunny for the bunny KAL but not posted this yet.

Under construction is a lace wrap 75% completed and a lacy knitted camisole 10% completed. I now intend to knit a 2nd pirate hat for the boy, so plenty to keep me going.

No comments: