Friday, October 20, 2006

"Beret good, Mr Bond."

I love my Debbie Bliss beret and wear it loads - so I decided to make another one in a different colour. Sweetie boy - unhappily agreed to model this so I could get a shot of the stitch definition. He'd just woken up and agreed to this picture before he realised it would go on my blog...haha!
Loobles wasn't much happier about her modeling assignment either but ever hopeful of some of Conkers dried cat foot as a reward, she posed - briefly - she didn't get any fud either!

The hat is made in Alpaca silk (Aran weight) and is knitted back and forth in moss stitch - and can be completed in an afternoon. The cravat that goes with it - I never wear - so made a pair of Fetching instead to match this, as I am more likely to wear gloves than a scarf.

As for the rest of my knitting - well my mojo has been a bit underwhelming this week. I have had the time to knit but have chosen not to - I have been so tired in the evenings that early nights have been the order of the day. I am working on plain socks for J, a lace shawl, a silk version of Cozy and Ma's never ending Pomatomous sockies. The beret was a quick fix knit for me - that hopefully will re-spark the ole knitting juices back into overdrive.

1 comment:

Mtwelovett said...

LOVE the photo of Loobles in the Baret!