Thursday, July 13, 2006

Clap hands for Clapotis


Here it is.........at last. It must be about a year since I cast on for this. I got fed up in the middle section and abandoned it for a good few months. Also although I lurve HipKnits silk, this particular colour sheds, like crazy. I wear a lot of black - so this project could only be knit on non-black days - few and far between.

It's a lot bigger than I realised, but I am pleased with it. It won't be blocked (I did block my smaller version) this one is too big for any blocking surface we have.

So, in 2 days I have finished 3 projects....not bad. This is due to having a week off from study (I need a break - have a large, boring essay looming in my very near future). And as I'm still in the doldrums. I thought I would utilize my down time into 'finish-it-off' time. What shall I tackle today.......packing actually *rolls eyes*. I'm sure I will still find a itsy-bitsy smidge of knitting time as well.

PS - the spell check just suggested replacing the word 'Clapotis' with 'slapdash' - hmmm is its opinion of my work? *hehe*

8 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Very fun colors! You were ahead of your time with that color choice a year ago (or right on the verge) and now you're just in time! Heh, no worries about the year.

Now, if it sheds so much, and you wear so much black, when are you going to wear it? Or will an initial wash take care of that?

Kirsti said...

It looks great! How many skeins did it take to make - I have 3 skeins of the Hipknits silk set aside for my own Clapotis - will this be enough?

Peri said...

Thanks for the nice comments.

I will wear this on my non-black days - and also wrap myself in it on cold camping nights.

Kirsti - it took just under 3 very large HK skeins - the bit left is wound into a ball about 1.5 inches round.

Anonymous said...

Aha now I am inspired to dig out my Clapotis which has been languishing in the UFO pile for nigh on a year.... Lovely work!

Zonda said...

That is so lovely!! Great colors!

sgeddes said...

Great colors. I love it! I'm planning on knitting one of these but am having trouble deciding on a yarn. I really like how the HK silk worked out.

Anonymous said...

Really nice colorway!

OLPP said...

ooh that's beautiful! i'm going to cast on for mine when my KP needles arrive. :)